Bounty mums review the Cot Canopy Breeze
I used this canopy with our 10-month-old son, both on his cotbed at home and a travel cot at my parents’ house. It’s really easy and quick to put together – the 3 parts of the hanging bar click together easily, and I found the instructions were clear about how to arrange and secure the fabric part. And it’s equally simple to take it down again, and fold it into the surprisingly small bag. Both at home in his usual cot, and at a strange house in his travel cot, he slept well; it certainly takes away any distractions that he could otherwise see in the room. It doesn’t provide complete darkness as you would get with blackout blinds or a thicker fabric canopy, but this is the trade-off against having a lightweight canopy that’s convenient when you travel. We haven’t used it yet for room-sharing but I would imagine it’ll be really helpful if he ever has to share a room with his 3-year-old sister.
It seems good value at under £60 if you need to spend time away from home and can’t/don’t want to mess around trying to attach blackout blinds to different windows. It would also be great at keeping cats or insects out of your cot.
Submitted by katemevans on Fri, 08/06/2012 – 21:42.
We took the cot canopy on our summer holiday. It was really easy to set up and light weight and compact to pack. Our one year old usually sleeps in her own dark room. So this product was perfect for room sharing and a bright room. Our daughter slept really well with this product and I would definitely recommened it.
Submitted by VMills33 on Mon, 28/05/2012 – 14:01.
My 6 month old boy normally struggles to sleep in his cot during the day however the first time I put him to bed he fell asleep straight away. It was one of the hottest days of the year so I had his windows open but I was able to keep away any insects by zipping up the canopy. This is probably not something that I will use at home every day however it is a must for holidays especially when sharing a room. It is extremely easy to assemble so there is no stressing out. I would definitely recommend this product.
Submitted by squeels1 on Sat, 26/05/2012 – 22:47.
My little boy genuinely fell asleep inside this after a few minutes of playing and checking it out. I think he liked the open space, but it kept out all the daytime distractions so he gave in to sleep much more quickly than in his buggy.
Submitted by EmmaThompson1973 on Mon, 21/05/2012 – 09:30.
Read why real mums wanted to trial our Cot Canopy Breeze
To celebrate the launch of our brand new Cot Canopy Breeze, we got together with Bounty to find some real mums who could tell us about their experiences with getting their babies to sleep. We were so touched by all of the fantastic responses that we thought we’d share some of them with you here. The 10 winning entries are currently trialling the new lightweight, compact version of our award-winning Cot Canopy, and we’ll report back as soon as they have completed their trial.
Here’s what the Bounty Editor, Sally J. Hall had to say:
For more details on the Cot Canopy Breeze, click here:
1. I would love to trial the cot canopy. I have a beautiful 4 month old son who we have waited a very long time for. He currently sleeps in his own room however we are going on holiday next month and he will have to share our room and I think this will really help. Keeley Jones
2. I would like the chance to become a Content & Calm product tester because I was searching the internet for some sort of cot blackout blind in preparation for our first holiday with our 9mth old little girl. Who normally sleeps fantastically in her cot in her own room with a black out blind. We will be sharing a room with our daughter on holiday and know that she is a very active little girl who will be easily woken by seeing us in her room. This product sounds like just the thing we need.Vanessa Jane Lee
3. Dear Bounty,
I would like to trial the cot canopy breeze because being new parents, we didn’t think buying a white blind and white curtains for our nursery would be stupid! We’d love the chance to see if having the cot blacked out would help Judah sleep. We are also keen campers who love the outdoors and would love to be able to camp without knowing Judah will wake up once the sun is up! Judah says “PLEEAAAASSSEEE let me try it out!” Sarah Hagon
4.I currently have two boys aged 10weeks and 17 months, the 10week old is currently in our room and will eventually be going into his brothers room. Now we are going to Italy in June for my brothers wedding and this will be the first time the two boys share a room, I think if I had the canopy to trial this would make the holiday run more smoothly as. Not only would it block light out but it would also prevent baby Izsak from knowing he isn’t with myself. I can also test out how well it protects them from the sun as we have a villa and intend to spend many days outside. Lucy Doré
5. I would like to be considered to become a calm and content tester and trial the cot canopy.
This would be perfect for me and my baby as we live in a 1 bedroom house and get the sun first thing in the morning and it fills our bedroom, even through the curtains. I hope you will consider me for this trial. Emma-Louise Vincent
6. I would like to try the Content & Calm Cot Canopy as my baby Tomi only sleeps during the day when I make him a tent using blankets over his cot! He has always preferred it to be dark when he sleeps and as the days are getting brighter and longer, this is becoming much of a challenge. We often visit his grandparents house, and his ‘Nanny-Granny’ (my Mum) also has to come up with ingenious ways to make a tent for him to sleep under! I am also concerned about when I return to work in the summer and Tomi will need to sleep at his child minder’s house.
With Tomi being so particular about his sleeping arrangements, I think he will be a good candidate to trial the new canopy! It would also help me and his Granny and possibly his child minder Abi, in the future! Hannah Yates (Mother of Tomi)
7. Having just read your write up on the above product I would love the opportunity to test it.
I have a 10 month old baby girl called India and a 2 and a half yr old son called Will. We are temporarily in a rented house until our new house is renovated. Our rental home doesn’t have blackout blinds and India is starting to wake earlier and earlier with the lighter mornings – Yawn! As we’re only in temporarily I don’t wish to buy blackout blinds so your product that is portable between homes; weekends away; summer holidays etc sounds perfect.
Your product appears to cover all bases in being blackout, insect proof and also allowing for cot toys ….I’d be keen to see if it lives up to the excellent write up!
Many thanks for considering India and I to test the Cot Canopy Breeze.